Wednesday, June 8, 2011

BlackHorse " Mosquito Mk IV "

Got my hands itchy again and decided to purchase my first twin prop aircraft. It's called the ' DeHavilland Mosquito Mk IV ' which is a 2nd World Wr aircraft where they uses it to fight the axis force. I also remember some stories from my uncle that the Mosquito were also in my hometown, Kuching during the 2nd World War to fight against the Japanese.

The model itself takes around 4 to 5 days to complete depending on your building skill. There were some modification to be done to the retractable landing. Apart from that, the rest of the build are quite straight forward. You would also need 2 identical ESC as well as motor. My setup are consist of 2 units 800kv motor ( Rimfire ), 2 units ESC 40A ( Hobbywing ), 12 x 6 prop and I am using a 2 4s 3800mah lipo.

Flying it was indeed a new experience as I have never flown a twin motor aircraft before. I realised that you need to be gentle on the control sticks and it will behave well.

Taking off was easy with a little flap applied and landing was a real challenge. It needs to be powered when landing. Overall the performance of the Mosquito was very satisfying.



Coming in for landing after the maiden flight

Did some test on the flaps


A low pass flyby


Another low pass flyby












No comments:

Post a Comment